Vegetable blast chilling cold rooms
- Commissioned Feb 2107.
- Full turnkey contract for insulated structure and refrigeration system supply.
- Mole racking system to maximise palet density in cold room.
- Cooling of potatoes for short term to long storage before sale down to 2°C.
- False ceiling for even air distribution.
- Two complete R507 Freon simplex refrigeration system with special evaporators to ensure humidity is kept high in refrigerated warehouse.
- Compressor unloading to raise humidity and reduce power consumption once potatoes temperature have been brought down.
- Humidity controlled at a low level initially during pull down to effect periderm formation, thereafter humidity raised for long term storage.
- Insulated panel structure from 100mm polystyrene and chromodek clad panels.
- Remote control board at room entrance.
- Automated extract fan system to remove deleterious gasses produced by fresh produce.
- Phase voltage monitoring to prevent motor loss during faulty power supply.
These refrigerated warehouse rooms will function as a cooperative for local potato farmers to combine their harvest and sell collectively to the market.